Happiness

Get addicted to happiness, it is the best addiction you can get and you don't need rehab to treat it. When you reach happiness, you just have to go with the flow and enjoy the ride, that's life all about. Happiness is not a place or just a feeling, it should be a way of life, a habit. Make happiness a part of your life and get your fairytale. Happily ever after.


Monday 6 February 2012

My "journey"

Now it is time to update you how my "journey" is proceeding. Last weeks I've been feeling amazing, I feel great and that is not because I've done something extraordinary, just the opposite. I've been at work the last 6 weeks, just focusing on the day. I have been reading books like Dalai Lama -"the art of happiness" and Deepak Chopra -The Ultimate Happiness Prescription: 7 Keys to Joy and Enlightenment and one of the best book I´ve ever read was The Monk who sold his Ferrari by Robin Sharma. Really good books and I can highly recommend those books to read!! The books have given me strength and believe that I can find my inner peace.

My daily routines have been consistent quite similar things everyday. I work 8 hours a day and try to eat at least 5 times a day, small meals though. I have added a serious work out program to my daily routines, the BOOT CAMP-program. I have been giving aerobic classes to my co-workers every second day which have helped me a lot to get fit and after every class I have spent about 20 minutes lying on the floor in silence trying to clear my mind. Amazing!! I am getting better on that.

All my days I have filled with different projects and things so I haven't given a lot of time to see the world outside this ship. I have created a small little world were I just focus on the moment where I can feel great, feel excited, feel awesome. I have been living in a moment.

"The mind is the source of happiness and unhappiness."-Buddha

I have cut all "pleasures" and just living a normal life, doing normal things. What I mean about the pleasures is that I haven't drink any alcohol, no sweets and no sex. I have been living simple life and I LOVE IT!! My mind is clear, I don't have any worries and I feel COMPLETE.

Let's see what I have actually done for my happiness...

First, I have taken care of my mind and my body. I haven't put any toxic into my body and I have given my mind some "nutritions" by reading and studying.

I have been serving others by giving classes to my co-workers.

"True happiness can only be find by serving other"-Dalai Lama

I have been reading happy books which affect my mood and my attitude. 


"Positive attitude is the key to happiness."

I have been meditating.

Meditation brings wisdom; lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what hold you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom. -Buddha

I have been trying to clear my mind without any substances, I have to admit it has been hard but I am getting better. This is really important part of finding inner peace, to let your mind rest from time to time. All the worries and bad feelings comes inside us and usually it is because we are stressed, tired or something bad has happened to us. Able to control our mind we can change those feelings to good feelings. I have been trying it and it´s been hard but I believe that in few years I will be able to do it in same level.

"In the midst of moments and chaos, keep stillness inside you", -Deepak Chopra

I have given time for myself and doing things I love to do, like reading and working out. I have been analyzing my daily routines and trying to see things I could have done better. So I have been trying to developing and growing up but not as an adult, I mean as a human.

“The less you open your heart to others, the more your heart suffers” -Deepak Chopra 

"It's never too late to live your childhood" SOOOO TRUEEE!!! :)

I have been keeping myself busy all the time so the FLOW of my life have been active which have given me lot of joy and happiness.

"We are happiest when we do things we do best"

I have been writing and calling to my friends and family which have given me a feeling of belonging and being loved. One of the most important things on this life, "to love and be loved". Without love there wouldn't be happiness. Love is happiness.


"We have to love ourselves and give love to get love, a rule of happiness."

Moments, I have created moments. For example now good music is playing in the background, sun is raising and I am alone just seeing the beauty of this morning and loving the music. Simple. I appreciate the beauty of this world and enjoying it.

"Happiness is a ride, just jump onboard and enjoy the view."


I understand to appreciate everything and anything. I don't take anything for granted. I appreciate  my health, my family and my friends. I appreciate my wok and other people. I appreciate my life, my home, my bed....

“The secret of attraction is to love yourself. Attractive people judge neither themselves nor others. They are open to gestures of love. They think about love, and express their love in every action. They know that love is not a mere sentiment, but the ultimate truth at the heart of the universe.” -Deepak Chopra


Self-discipline has helped me to feel better. I've done my work out on time and I have had restrict "diet". The achievement by being restrict to yourself makes you feel amazing!! :)


"Self-discipline begins with the mastery of your thoughts. If you don't control what you think, you can't control what you do. Simply, self-discipline enables you to think first and act afterward."
-Napolean Hill


So there are some of my feelings and things I do for my happiness. We are all individuals and something works for someone and other things works for someone else. These things works for me.

I am loving the ride every day I hope you could too.

Let's be happy because, just because. :)

xoxoxo





2 comments:

  1. Härligt att höra Ville!!!
    Kör på!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find nearly all of your post's to be what precisely I'm looking for. Does one offer guest writers to write content for yourself? I wouldn't mind publishing a post or elaborating on some of the subjects you write related to here. Again, awesome web log!
    Also visit my web-site ; bangaldeshi searh engine

    ReplyDelete